Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 2

First things first - I lost 4.6 pounds on day 1. So glad I stuck with it even though hubby's pizza was calling to me from the refrigerator.

I slept amazing on the night of day 1. I went to bed early and slept in. I felt great when I got up and after getting dressed, I had a mug of herbal tea and my first juice of the day. It was called Sunrise (appropriate, no?) and it was really good, but it only made 10 oz so I'm going to try it again tomorrow and double the recipe.

The pupster and I went for a one hour walk after that. Later I had an apple/green grape juice that was pretty good. I have to say that I've like most of the juices that I've made so far. Until my third juice of the day. I tried the summer green juice recipe on the reboot blog and could only stomach half of it before I dumped the rest down the drain. I think it was the zucchini juice. Love zucchini, but the juice, not so much.

I did try a recipe I found online. It's Dr. Oz's green drink and I have to say, I really like it. It calls for a whole head of celery, which gives the juice a peppery flavor that I really like. I only had the three whole juices and half of the one for the day. I was a bit hungry in the evening, but couldn't bring myself to make another juice so I went to bed a little hungry.

I'm not really having any problems so far, other than some hunger pains. Those show up when it's about time for another juice anyway, so it works out. Maybe I'm having an easier time of it than others I've read about because I was eating fairly healthy with lots of fruits and veggies already as part of my Weight Watchers plan. Whatever it is, I'm glad I'm feeling so good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Riley! You have made an excellent choice with the juice fast. I have been up and down for years, too, and decided to fast to detox but am loving the weight loss benefits and think this is going to be just the jump start I needed. I am on Day 21 of my fast and doing great; I have lost about 20 pounds so far. I found Day 3 a little difficult. Day 7 was the worst for me though. Once I got past Day 10, it was smooth sailing. I wouldn't stop after Day 14, if I were you, as I have found it only has gotten easier and if you make it that far, you might as well keep going. I am doing 30 days this time, as I have a lot of travel in July. But, fully intend to integrate juicing into my daily life and maybe do a long fast again in the winter. Good luck on your journey! I wish you an easy fast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Jessica. I have a trip back to the States planned in July so I'm only going to be able to fit in a few weeks now, but I plan to jump back on it once I return, possibly with a 30 day or longer. Good to hear your experience.

    ReplyDelete