Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 1

Today was the first day of my juice fast. I started out with a mug of hot herbal tea. While that steeped, I weighed myself. The original thought was to weigh myself at the end of each week. Unfortunately, I know I will not be able to keep away from the scale so I'll share my daily numbers. After getting dressed, I headed out to drink my tea and prepare my first 2 juices of the day.

I had Carrot/Apple/Ginger for breakfast. It only made up 10 oz and I didn't have any more carrots so I drank that for my breakfast, along with my tea. While I sipped, I prepared another juice, The Compact Cleanser. I found this in a book I picked up and it's supposed to be great for after a workout, particularly one in which you sweat a lot. That was going to be me.

After finishing up my breakfast and tea, pouring the second juice into a bottle to take with me, and cleaning the juicer, I headed out to the gym. I've been working out pretty steady for the last 7 months and I want to keep that up. So there will be some days I'm drinking more juice. Had an intense strength workout with a friend and than ran for 30 minutes. Even though my morning juice was only about half of what it should have been, I had plenty of energy for my workout, though I was pretty hungry afterwards.

I had a few errands to run before heading home (produce, anyone?) and sipped my second juice over the course of my running around, then finished up with my water. I drink a lot of water at the gym so I had about 1.5 liters of water before I got home. After a quick shower, I was hungry again.

I made a Meanish Green for lunch and set about putting my fruits and veggies away. Started on homework (I'm also a full-time student). A couple hours later, I had a Skin Smoother juice. I have to say, this was the first juice that I didn't necessarily like. I didn't hate it, it was just different.

I felt a little hungry for most of the day. That may be from the workout or a combination of the juice only and the workout, but it's not  uncomfortable and it starts around the time for another juice. Another Meanish Green for dinner kept the hunger pangs away, but I sure did want to eat something. I think it's just a matter of the actual chewing, but I kept thinking about the food in the fridge. I was good, though and stuck to my juices.

I finished up the day with a Glass is Greener juice and another mug of herbal tea. I worked in about another 3 liters of water on top of the morning water. This is normal for me. I've been drinking this much water for about a year now. On days I don't work out, I drink 3 liters. I'm sure I'll be up several times in the night, but that's all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment